Photographer in Malaysia Pei Ling did an amazing series of photos of macro-insects. These pictures are more like paint pictures than pictures. Lee Pei Ling, and this is her full name, was born in Malaysia but lives and works of Tanzania. Shooting involved only three years. Macrophotography is close-up photography, usually of very small subjects. Classically a macrophotograph is one in which the size of the subject on the negative is greater than life size. However in modern use it refers to a finished photograph of a subject at greater than life size. The ratio of the subject size on the film plane to the actual subject size is known as the reproduction ratio.
World Day of elephants or “Slonouin” – is one of the international festivals devoted to the elephants, which is celebrated annually on November 30. This date is remarkable that the states and the Russian Federation. The holiday was established on the initiative of environmentalists concerned about the downsizing of the largest land mammals on the planet. Let’s see photos of these majestic animals.
Photographer Igor Sivanovich spent the last five years doing photography of reptiles, amphibians and bugs of all shapes, sizes and colors. For this he uses macro. Sivanovich believes that his duty and the main task – to help people understand and love of these amazing creatures, some of whom live in his house as pets.
Ants are the real worker bees in the world of insects. General are known as very hard working and loyal employees. For a colony without question and are willing to lose his head. Their lifestyle and behavior have always fascinated man. So the ants were common themes of many famous photographers. People have even accepted them as pets made in artificial colonies. Check out some of the really fascinating images magnified by modern technology.
When buying pet hedgehogs, there are some important things to look for to make sure you have a healthy animal.
Things to check:
* Its Nose – your hedgehog’s nose should be black and wet, kind of like a dogs. It should not be running and it should not be making “rasping” noises as this may be a sign of a respiratory infection.
* Eyes – should be black and ball like, the eyes should be clear and black, patchy eyes and or cloudy eyes are signs of genetic defects and any hedgehog with these should not be bought. Other signs that the hedgehog is not healthy include, runny, closed, sunken or droopy eyes and any signs of conjunctivitis.
* Ears – Ears should be nice and clean. Your new pet may have little nibbles or chunks out of their ears but this is fine as long as they are healed (sometimes a hoglets they can get a little too close to their siblings and be bitten)
* Weight – They should be “plump” if you look at their belly there should be a little padding and no loose droopy skin, it should also have fine hair and you should see its little chubby pink belly. Which if it will let you touch it will feel soft and a fluffy.
* Legs – Watch your hog have a little walk around, this one is mostly common sense, make sure it is walking as it should, no wobbles or limps or anything like that.
* Responses – A healthy animal will be very inquisitive and interested in anything in its proximity, if you put your hand in front of it, that should be enough to get it around you sniffing and maybe having a little lick. It should also start to “huffle” if it gets stressed, so try picking it up and seeing if it balls up and huffles, this is completely normal for pet hedgehogs.
* Quills – You want to make sure that there are no missing quills or bald patches, often there are broken quills but this is normal as they can be quite rough and tumble, but they are very resilient animals and can handle a broken quill or two.
* Skin – some hedgehogs have little mites at the base of their quills, if they do they will have small scabs at the base, these are easy to see and identify. Never buy a hedgehog with mites.
Testing a pet hedgehogs temperament – there are a few simple things you can do to test that your pet hedgehogs temperament is good and that you get a sociable animal, because nobody wants a moody or shy pet.
* Pick up your hog and it should curl into a ball and “huffle”, turn it onto it’s back and see how long it takes to uncurl, a social hog will do this in about 30 seconds, if it does not ball at all then you have an extremely sociable little pet.
* Stroke your hedgehog – Will it let you stroke its quills or its belly? What about its feet? Most hogs will not let you do this without curling up, however if it does then that’s a fantastic sign.
* Put it on the floor- When you put it down, a sociable hog will uncurl and start sniffing things almost immediately. Some will curl up and huffle and for a bit but if they do this for around 2 minutes or more then that is a sign that your hog may not be the most sociable.
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?Pet-Hedgehogs—Buying-Guide&id=6141708
Skunks are delightful little creatures which have a huge impact on the surroundings they inhabit. In most cases, these white and black creatures will carry out their business without molesting anyone. Often times though, they will have run-ins with pets, people as well as furniture in the living room if they can get inside the house. Whenever you want to get rid of skunk smell from furniture, there are several suggestions that will help guarantee that this job is successful.
Some of the most effective and easy steps to skunk smell removal from your furniture:
You should ensure that the contaminating creature or perhaps the contaminated animals are separated and cleaned or removed from the area before cleaning. It will not make sense to try and get skunk smells from furnishings if the dog or cat still smells of skunk and is present in the room. Tidy up the animal or remove the skunk from the house and then move forward. Carefully examine all furniture which may have been exposed to the skunk, as this will ensure that you are cleaning all the areas.
Gently get rid of wet spots. In case you are dealing with fresh spray or if the wet cat or dog only rolled on the furnishings and spread the smell, then you need to blot the wet spots. You should not scrub as this will work the smell further into the fabric.
One option is to use an extracting machine. Visit a grocery or hardware store to rent one of the extraction machines used for cleaning the fabric home furnishings. This can help draw the odor from the furniture instead of pressing it deeper into the fabric. In case you cannot get an extractor machine, think about getting a bag filled clean rags or any other cleaning cloths which can be thrown in the trash after you finish cleaning.
Choose the solution. Regardless of whether you are using an extraction device with an upholstery wand or even doing a blot or hand clean-up job, you need to get the right neutralizing agents for the odor. Some individuals opt for using vinegar and baking soda, while others use professional cleaning solutions or mild sodas.
Clean, remove or blot and soak. This part of the procedure will take a number of applications and a bit of time to deliver the results. With the right neutralizer and persistence, this should be worth it in the end. There are also some all natural odor removal products on the market like Odorzout that will completely remove the smell without much effort.
Basically, getting rid of skunk smell with house hold items is a job that you can accomplish with the right tools and some elbow grease. This means that you can salvage your chair, couch or even the whole
Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/easy-steps-to-skunk-smell-removal-2303356.html